It is a fact that Korean cuisine is something which everybody should be trying at least once during their lifetime. In this article, we have mentioned the 5 most well-known BBQ Korean chicken recipes which will not need much complex techniques to prepare. You simply require an appetite and that’s all!
1. Korean BBQ Chicken and Broccoli
This particular recipe is packed with flavor and will be the perfect way to consume your vegetables.
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 cups of broccoli (chopped as well as steamed)
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 3 cups of rice (cooked)
a. The oven has to be preheated to 350 degrees.
b. The chicken has to be cut into small pieces and you need to spread them out in just one layer within a pan (9-inch x 13-inch) sprayed using nonstick cooking spray.
c. Whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, onion powder, water, garlic, plus ground ginger over high heat in a saucepan. Boil the stuff. The heat has to be reduced to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
d. The mixture has to be taken out from the heat and whisked in red pepper flakes plus lemon juice.
e. Following this, pour the mixture over the chicken. The plan has to be covered using foil and baked for approximately 30 minutes, and you need to stir halfway through for making sure that the chicken has been covered uniformly with the sauce.
f. Once the cooking is finished, drain a portion of the leftover juices into a pan. The pan has to be placed over medium-high heat for making the sauce. If you like, you can add some cornstarch for making a thicker sauce.
g. The steamed broccoli has to be added to the chicken within the pan and everything has to be mixed gently.
h. Put the mixture of chicken and broccoli over the cooked rice while drizzling the sauce on the top.
2. Chicken Bulgogi
This BBQ Korean chicken recipe is also known as dak bulgogi or chicken bulgogi. Apart from being extremely delicious, it is also very simple to make. Moreover, you will be able to find all the required ingredients from the local grocery store.
Chicken thigh weighing 1 pound
Chicken Bulgogi Marinade
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine
- 3 tablespoon of soy sauce (regular)
- 1/2 cup Sprite
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Ground black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
a. The chicken has to be cut into small pieces.
b. After combining the ingredients of the marinade within a bowl, mix them properly. Following this, it has to be poured over the chicken. After covering, you need to marinate it for a minimum of 4 hours in the refrigerator for increasing the flavor.
c. Cook the meat over a skillet which is properly heated. Do not include the marinade which is leftover. Both sides of the chicken have to be sizzled over medium-high heat and then the heat has to be reduced to medium till the meat is properly cooked.
Meanwhile, the leftover marinade has to be boiled in a different pan for a couple of minutes over medium-high heat, and you need to stir at regular intervals. Set aside the sauce.
d. Serve after glazing the sauce all over the chicken.
3. Korean B.B.Q. Chicken Recipe
This is a scrumptious and juicy barbecue chicken recipe which is served along with an astounding spicy dipping sauce.
2 pounds of chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 4 teaspoons of fresh ginger (finely grated and peeled)
- 1/2 cup of sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons of mirin
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Korean red chili flakes
To serve alongside:
- 1/4 cup of scallions (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups of white rice (cooked)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds (roasted)
- 2 tablespoon of fresh long red chiles (thinly sliced)
- Ssamjang sauce
- 16 washed and dried lettuce leaves
a. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a big bowl.
b. The chicken has to be added to the marinade and you have to stir coat the meat evenly. After covering, you have to refrigerate for a couple of hours.
c. After firing up the grill, some oil has to be brushed on its surface. The chicken has to be grilled until it becomes golden brown on all sides. You need to serve the chicken hot after removing it from the grill!
4. Smoky Gochujang Korean BBQ Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of gochujang
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cilantro, to serve
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
a. The BBQ has to be preheated to medium heat.
b. Mix the tomato paste, honey, gochujang, garlic, a small amount of water, and rice vinegar over medium heat in a small pan and boil them. Following this, set them aside.
c. The chicken has to be placed on the grill and cooked for approximately 20 minutes while flipping over halfway.
d. The chicken has to be basted liberally with the BBQ sauce and for another 5 minutes, basting and turning halfway.
e. Serve with some cilantro on the top.
5. Spicy Korean BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds of bone-in chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper (cracked)
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Korean BBQ sauce:
- 6 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cold water and 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- Chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (toasted)
a. The oven has to be preheated to 400 degrees. A baking sheet has to be lined with foil and a cooling rack has to be placed on the foil’s top.
b. Stir the flour, black pepper, and salt together. Pat the chicken wings dry using paper towels. After brushing with oil, add the flour mixture while arranging in just one layer.
c. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, and then broil for approximately 3 minutes until it becomes crispy. Take care that the stuff does not burn.
d. In the meantime, you need to make the sauce by combining brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sriracha in a saucepan. After boiling, stir together cornstarch and cold water until it becomes dissolved, and then the cornstarch slurry has to be whisked into the sauce. After it becomes thick, remove it from the heat.
e. After tossing the chicken wings in the sauce, garnish using sesame seeds and green chopped onions before serving it.