Are your guests coming over? Or your friends are visiting you? You can, definitely, treat them with some delicious home-cooked foods. There is nothing better than some scrumptious BBQ foods. They are tasty, easy to prepare and also can be served anytime. If you are looking for some amazing ideas and recipes for this, then we have some for you. From here you can pick a BBQ recipe of your choice and make it for your guests. They will surely love to have those barbecued foods.
5 Best BBQ recipes:
1. Barbecue Shrimps (New Orleans Style)
If you want to keep it classy and sophisticated, then you surely try out some BBQ shrimp. The famous New Orleans style barbecue shrimp can taste amazing. With a hint of lemon juice, butter and spices, the BBQ shrimp can be served along with chilled beer for a perfect appetizer to your guests. For this:
- You will need to cut the lemon crosswise into two halves. You have to cut each half into � inch wide strips.
- Then melt the butter in a skillet over the heat (medium-high). After reducing the heat to medium low, you need to add lemon juice along with the peel.
- Add garlic, sauce, paprika, bay leaves, salt, cayenne and ground pepper. Keep on stirring and simmer it for about 5 minutes so that the flavors blend it. Make sure that the garlic is not turning brown.
- Now, it is time to add the shrimps and turn the heat to medium. Cook it until the shrimps start turning pink. Toss and turn it with the tongs
- You can now cover the skillet and remove that from the heat. Give it about 15 minutes to sit so that all the flavors get absorbed into the shrimp. After this, it is ready to be served.
2. Juicy Barbecued Chicken
This is quite traditional barbecue recipe that you will love to experiment. If you have not tried this, then you need to get it done. They have a perfect texture of crisp, juicy and tender. Who doesn’t love the slightly sweet and zesty barbecue chicken? This recipe is quite simple and easy. It even doesn’t take much time. For this:
- You have to take a large saucepan and sauté the garlic in butter until it is tender.
- Then add some ketchup, brown sugar, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, salt, prepared mustard and a dash of hot pepper sauce. Stir them constantly and bring it to boil
- Remove this from the heat and then set it aside
- Now slightly grease the grill rack and put the chicken on it and cover it. Let it be for 30 minutes on medium heat and turn it occasionally.
- Now, cover the chicken completely with the sauce and then grill it for about 15 minutes more. Otherwise you can also use a thermometer to see if it reaches 170 degree.
Your barbecue chicken is done and you can serve this BBQ recipe to your guests in main course too.
3. Barbecue Maple Pork Chops
Serve your guests with the best in class pork chops. Barbecued pork chops with the tinge of maple syrup can taste amazing. The recipe is too easy and you will need an hour or to complete the entire preparation. For this, you will have to:
- Take a small bowl and blend salt, maple syrup and pepper together. You can also pour half cup marinade in one sealable plastic pouch
- Add the pork chops in that pouch and seal it. Turn to coat each and every part of the chops with the syrup mixture.
- Let it to refrigerate in for an hour and reserve the remaining syrup mixture for basting on the pork chops
- Now, you have to drain the pork chops and oil the grill properly. Put the pork cop on it and cover it. Keep it on medium heat for 13 to 17 minutes. You can occasionally turn and toss it to ensure proper grilling
- After that use the rest of the syrup mixture to baste it all over the pork chops and let it stand there for 5 minutes before you serve it.
4. Barbecued Beef Brisket
If you are looking for a beef BBQ recipe, then you are at the right place. You can try out the popular and delicious beef brisket barbecued in a mouthwatering sauce. You can prepare this recipe for your friend coming over, guests or even for potlucks. For this recipe:
- You have to mix ketchup, water, cider vinegar, brown sugar, dark corn syrup, canola oil, prepared mustards, minced garlic and horseradish altogether.
- Stir and cook it over the medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes until the brown sugar is completely dissolved. After that transfer it to a foil pan
- Now take a large skillet and heat the oil on medium heat. Put the brown brisket on the skillet and place the foil pan to coat the sauce on the brisket. Make sure to cover the entire pan tightly
- Now place this pan directly on the grill rack with a medium indirect heat. Let it grill for about 2 to 3 hours until the meat is completely soft and tender
5. Apricot-Rhubarb Barbecue Chicken
Springtime is a great way to enjoy some of the veggies and fruits. You can try out the apricot rhubarb barbecued chicken which tastes refreshing as well as it can bring back the nostalgia of the childhood. It is a highly popular recipe of Florida which you can try. For this:
- Heat a large saucepan with oil in it over the medium heat. Now add some chopped onions and stir it until it is tender. Then add some garlic.
- Now mix ketchup, rhubarb, vinegar, water, mustard, molasses, salt, pepper, barbecue seasoning and chipotle pepper. Add this to the onion and garlic and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer until you check the rhubarbs are tender. You can now use a blender and make a puree
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper and barbecue seasoning on the chicken. Oil the grill rack and grill the chicken for 15 minutes on indirect heat.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, brush the puree or sauce that you have made and let it stand for more 5 to 10 minutes. Now, you can serve it to the guests.
Each and every BBQ recipe given here is quite delicious and scrumptious in nature. You can pick any one of these and offer it to your guests. Also, you can prepare this at home for your family. Surely, everyone will love it thoroughly.