Is a BBQ Recipe Chicken complicated? No! Are you aware that a delicious BBQ chicken breast recipe doesn’t demand all those complicated rubs and marinades? All you need is to master these easy to follow BBQ recipe chicken cooking procedures and sweeten it with a BBQ sauce.
A delicious BBQ chicken is one of those dinner meals that almost everyone in the house will be asking for additions, especially these baked BBQ chickens. However, it is essential to avoid overcooking it or serving it dry, but the good news is that this BBQ recipe captures all the fine details to guide you to prepare the best BBQ chicken recipe.
Which items do you need when preparing this quick and straightforward chicken recipe? Unlike those recipes demanding extra time for preparing those fancy rubs, ours, although straight, will give you a delicious chicken breast for everyone. All you need is a hot oven, a good quality chicken, and your favored BBQ sauce. Let’s start; get your napkins on, my friend!
How to prepare a boneless BBQ Recipe Chicken?
Remember that a boneless chicken might have much flavor compared to the skin-on variety recipe. However, basting it in the BBQ sauce as you conclude cooking will help improve its taste.
Yes, when you season and cook it in the right way, your oven-baked BBQ chicken will taste juicy and flavorful. Besides, remember that most chicken eaters choose the white chicken meat, which means you cook the chicken at the right temperatures. For instance, I prefer using a standard and skinless or boneless chicken. The good news is that you can apply a similar cooking method on either a bone-in, thighs, or skin-on your recipe or BBQ ideas and still get your delicious meal.
The only difference is the coming time. Besides, more massive chicken breasts do not often result in the most delightful chicken meat. This is because the more significant the breast, the longer it takes evenly cook, resulting in overcooking some parts. The ideal chicken breast piece should weigh around 6 to 9 ounces.
Moreover, if the chicken breast is uneven, fat in the end and thin on the middle, trim and thin off those ends to avoid burning and crisping them. You can also slice one of your boneless breasts into two half to make two thin cutlers, reducing the cooking time by half.
Do you know what is meant by a BBQ chicken? A BBQ chicken is often cooked while the lid is closed, creating an even effect. Remember, the reason for closing the cover is to help heat circulate evenly around the chicken protein, thus simmering it at all sides.
How long does it take to prepare a BBQ recipe chicken?
Although the time you take to prepare your BBQ chicken may slightly vary from that of another chef, you want to have your chicken cooked for a considerable time before deciding to add your favorite BBQ recipe sauce, especially at the end of the cooking. Remember, most spices, including the typical BBQ sauce, contain some traces of sugars, and since you don’t want these sugars to burn, it is essential to add your sauce at the end of cooking. Besides, adding the sauce just before serving it minimizes those great chances of it ends up burning.
What is the appropriate temperature for cooking a 9-ounce BBQ chicken?
Although the cooking temperature may slightly vary, it is recommended to cook your chicken with an internal temperature of about 160F to run clear. Allow your chicken to sit for about five minutes before switching off. This is because the internal temperature will automatically rise to the recommended 165F while maintaining your chicken tender and juicy.
What are the BBQ recipe chicken requirements?
- Total time 30 minutes
- Preparation time 5 minutes
- Cooking time 25 minutes
- Number of persons 4
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Extra virgin olive /canola oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 c. water
- 4- Boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Directions. How to prepare a BBQ recipe chicken
- Prepare your barbecue sauce. In a medium-sized bowl, mix your brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and spices, a cup of this sauce for later use. Dip the four chicken things into the remaining barbecue sauce. Leave it covered in the refrigerator for about an hour before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 450F and line your medium baking sheet with a foil. Add onions on this baking sheet and drizzle your chicken breasts with canola oil. Place the chicken thighs on the onions. The skin side facing up and bake them until golden with the internal temperature reaching about 160F.
- Allow them to bake about a minute before you flip them again. Once you flip, cook the second part for 5-6 minutes. Flip the initial side and paste it with your desired BBQ sauce. Flip to the second side and cook for 2-3 minutes more and add the BBQ sauce. Repeat on either side at least twice.
- Your BBQ chicken is ready once the internal temperature reaches 165F, and you can see juices run clear. Allow the chicken to rest for several minutes for the internal temperature to rise to about 165F to allow juices to settle before serving.
- First, preheat your oven until it attains 450F.
- Depending on the number of chicken breasts you have, drizzle each piece at a time into the oil and, after a minute, season it with black pepper and kosher salt.
- Let it bake for about 16 minutes before brushing the top side with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Please return it to the oven to cook for further 6-9 minutes until you see the sauce bubbles as they char. The ideal internal temperature is 160F, and you can see juices run clear. Allow the chicken to cool for several minutes before serving.
- Serve the chicken while still warm with the reserved sauce.